Studying a psychology degree can be very helpful one for the students to start their career in dynamic, complex and on the growing field. For many decades, the psychology field has been found to be the most popular and widely chosen undergraduate degree program by the students of United States. Although there are number of reasons for selecting this field enduring the popularity on the college campuses, students may gravitate towards the psychology. For instance, most of the people psychology degree programs cover the area such as mental health, social behavior, criminal deviance, human cognition, biological development and more.
As such these psychology students may find the work in the fields of spanning from criminal justice and healthcare to marketing and they also help for the public relations. Whether you want to keep your options or if you are interested in the psychology career field and for making your career on this then you need to choose the bachelor’s in psychology program. There are number of colleges and universities are available for pursuing the bachelor’s in psychology degree, in which the top psychology colleges and universities are filtered based on determining the top ranking factors of the students looking for while choosing the psychology program.
Top highest ranking colleges for pursuing the undergraduate psychology programs
In this modern world, most of the people are considering many factors for pursuing their schooling and college studies that to mainly consider whether the college tuition fee is affordable one or not. In which students also often look at how willing the institution is to provide the aid to those who are seeking for the bachelor’s degree. To ensure you are pursuing the high quality of education in the college that it can be determined just by checking the accreditation of the institution. If your chosen college is a national accrediting body, then it will be providing you the high quality of the education in the bachelors of psychology programs.
- University of California, San Diego – This collage offers the both bachelor of science in psychology programs and bachelors of arts that features courses ranging from adaptive to the maladaptive behaviour, neuropsychology and individual to groups for the lifespan development. In addition to these traditional bachelors of psychology programs the students may also choose the B.S in psychology with the specializations in perception and sensation, human health, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, clinical psychology and social psychology as well as with the behavioral and cognitive neuroscience.
- University of California, Los Angeles – This university offers more than 330 graduate and undergraduate programs in psychology degree, psychobiology and in cognitive science. The bachelor of psychology program is the most general of three courses where this program gives the strong foundation for the graduate students in the psychology program.
- Texas A&M University – This collage offers the B.S and B.A in psychology and the requirements of these two programs are found to be identical one in which they differ only on other disciplines. Both of the B.S and B.A degree programs provides the student with necessary skills and the knowledge to pursue other professional fields such as the law and medicine as well as the graduate study in the psychology program.
- University of North California – The collages undergraduate program in psychology and it is specifically designed to provide the students with a broad exposure to focus on the statistical and research tools in the contemporary psychological research works. Students may also choose between B.S and B.A in psychology program where they can later require doing the additional coursework in biology, life sciences, math and the physical while the former consists of the greater freedom to pursue the generalized studies in the psychology programs.
- University of Michigan – It is the oldest university in the state and it offers he generalized bachelor’s degree in psychology as well as the more specific major in the field of cognition, neuroscience and biopsychology. The main goal of their generalized program is to enhance the students understanding behavioural science as well as the other concepts on the research development study.
- Dartmouth College – If you are interested in pursuing the psychology program in this university then you will be a lucky and gifted person. This is because here the university provides the space for the students to learn cognitive and cognition neuroscience, cognitive and social development learning, behavioral disorders, social interaction, psychological basis of behavior, perception and sensation. The students are also required to complete three elective papers along with the laboratory course and culminating experience in the psychological science in order to graduate.
- Washington University, St. Louis –Here the students focus on the five core areas of the psychology study that includes the neurological/biological bases of the behaviour, personality/social psychology, affective/abnormal psychology, lifespan development, cognition and behaviour. Here to pursue the bachelor’s psychology program the students are required to apply on the course in which they are interested where this is done through the 150-hour internship as well as with the practicum in the applied behaviour analysis of the psychology program.
- Columbia University –It is the oldest higher education institution in New York City. Here the students may pursue a bachelor’s degree in psychology as well as the major in behaviour and neuroscience. The students can pursue the psychology degree that includes the personality and social psychology, medicine, business law, abnormal psychology, neuroscience, perception, psychobiology and cognition. The students who are pursuing in this university must complete the 30 or more points to earn the bachelor’s degree in psychology and the students who get qualified will be having the opportunity to participate in psychology research field.
- University of Chicago –It is the private psychology institution that is running in Chicago and it is a non-profit research university that is composed of with interdisciplinary committees. The university offers various types of graduate programs and undergraduate bachelor psychology programs with the five sub-fields course such as developmental psychology, social psychology, perception and sensation, biological psychology and cognitive psychology.
- University of California, Davis – Here the college offers the bachelors of psychology program, that are specifically designed for the students who are looking for the greatest freedom to choose the psychology courses and the university also provides thee foreign language component. In this university the undergraduate psychology program is emphasized in biology that includes the core biological psychology components as well as with the wide range of science courses.
These above universities that offer the undergraduate psychology programs are found to be the highest ranking institutions in the world for providing the high quality of the psychology programs in the standard manner. Each of the institutions provide the different kinds of the bachelor’s psychology programs, each universities charge different tuition fees for these different programs, but the course period is found to be same in all the institutions. These universities also hold the research program where the students can pursue the research program where the students can pursue the bachelor’s psychology degree is these psychology program universities.
Psychology is the study of the human and mind behavior and while pursuing this degree students will learn about the feelings that the human experiences, how they interact with others and what motivates them. Many psychology graduates will go on with the psychologist profession, however the degree in psychology can also lead to the careers in social work, legal profession or in the childcare. There are number of psychology universities are available all over the world where more than quarter of the psychology universities that comes in the overall rankings are 136 universities and these are US universities. The next most represented and popular country for the psychology degree is UK where it holds 69 universities then comes to the Australia, Germany and Canada with 28, 26 and 24 psychology program universities respectively.
Top 15 universities known for the psychology research program
Psychology is one of the most popular bachelor’s degree in the world and this degree program ranks among the top 3 majors at the undergraduate level and it offers the students an increasing diverse career paths as various industries are being developed over time. As many numbers of students are very much interested in pursuing their degree in psychology, there is a growing need to illuminate the best degree program for earning their undergraduate level so that they get a head start in their interested and professional career as psychologist to help the human beings in various purposes. Below are the top 15 universities known for the psychology research program where these universities are chosen based on the factors. The factors mainly include overall ranking of the psychology university, quality of the psychology department and faculties, internship and research opportunities available to do the psychology major subjects, competitiveness and the success rates of university in the psychology majors in the degree program.
- Stanford University – It is internationally recognized institution for pursuing the psychology degree programs where it provides the space for the students for research and innovation projects and also provides an excellent quality of higher undergraduate program in psychology. By just focusing on the college life from the social gathering to the academics the Stanford University has itself sets apart with the particularly low Greek life involvement and it holds the greatest rates of the participation in the scholastic groups. Stanford University offers an excellent psychology program and it is worldwide renowned as a hub place for the psychological research where it also offers the psychology majors wealth of the unique opportunities to the students. The major division areas of the psychology program offered by the Stanford university are social and developmental, emotional science, neuroscience and cognitive psychology.
- Yale University –Yale is both a large research and small college university that is often cited as to be one of the top schools and institution in United States. The Yale University is surrounded by the powerful research faculties and prestigious graduate schools, moreover it offers the students a great atmosphere to pursue their scientific studies. The overall prestige and quality of the university is coupled with its incredible psychology programs and research opportunities with the high success rates comparing to other universities. The primary research areas of Yale are neuroscience, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology and clinical psychology.
- Harvard and Radcliffe colleges – It is one of the oldest private universities that offer the variety of the psychology programs to the students and it has houses a library with the largest and oldest collection of psychology books, reference, literatures and journal research papers for students. The Harvard University has the psychology department which is extremely rich and has the prestigious history that included famous figureheads such as Williams James, Gordon Allport, Henry Murray, B.F. Skinner, George Miller and Jerome Bruner. While Harvard is one of the most competitive schools in the country that provides the high quality of education and psychology undergraduate programs to the students.
- University of Pennsylvania –The University of the Pennsylvania is famous for its roundness and quality of education they provide to the students. The university contains the “star faculties’ of psychology program and they make the university as an international force in the psychology science and also make the students as a prime candidate for pursuing psychology undergraduate program. The faculty has also divided their psychology research program into the two broad categories namely cognitive, brain and decision science and social psychology, positive, clinical.
- Universities of Michigan, Ann Arbor – It is a highest ranking public institution that claims to have the best education in the psychology program in America. The university of Michigan also offers more than 900 students organization in which the psychology department has contain the average faculty members where they have been recognized for decades as one of the most productive and innovative programs in the country.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities – The university of Minnesota is a public institution that offers a several high ranking colleges in offering the undergraduate psychology programs and the university also holds the research excellence department and research programs that offers the students a remarkable opportunity to collaborate with the professional psychologist and develop their skill and knowledge in psychology field.
- University of California, Berkley – The University contains 1200 student organization and they maintain one of the strongest psychology departments in the country. The department faculties of psychology programs provide the chance to collaborate with the breaking projects on plasticity, clinical science, brain, cognition, behavioral neuroscience, social personality psychology, change and cognition.
- Columbia University – This University offers the undergraduate psychology major in the broad spectrum of course topics and often it has become an involved with the research program. The faculty at Columbia are boasting both awards in the teaching and research excellence and they also encourage the students in interdisciplinary research collaboration with other psychology departments that includes psychiatry, marketing, business management, fMRI research center biology.
- John Hopkins university –The university offer the students the chance to participate and witness in the ground breaking research in which the smaller size of the department provides the deeper and greater collaboration and interaction between the undergraduate students and faculties. Comparing to other psychology universities the John Hopkins University provides the 10 times greater research facilities to the students.
- University of Chicago – It is a well-known private psychology university that ranks top 5 in the national college rankings and the university also offers the students a unique avenues of preparation for the students to start their career as psychologist before the completion of psychology course.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign –The research activity of the University of Illinois psychology department is distinctively its strongest component where it provides the high quality of education to the psychology students. The research activity of the psychology department is reportedly very high and it offers the students an excellent chance to get the first-hand experience in dealing with the human’s behaviour and mind.
- University of California, San Diego – The university offer two types of department for studying in the psychology a bachelor of science (B.S) and bachelor of Arts (B.A) to suit individual aspirations. The two psychology degree programs emphasis the experimental and theoretical analysis of the animal and human behaviour and study of the human mind.
- University of California, Los Angeles – This university is a public institution with a unique key psychology department that offers a three tracks of the undergraduate study in the psychology program such as cognitive science (B.S), Psychology (B.A) and psychobiology (B.S). The university also offers the course in other specialization in the department that includes the learning and memory, cognition, personality, animal behaviour, measurement, social, community, clinical, health, motivation and perception psychology.
- Indiana University, Bloomington – The University offers the two major courses in psychology where the students will be learning the broad spectrum of the topics such as the intelligence, thought and behaviour. The neuroscience majors are groomed for the graduate work in the medical school, neuroscience or in other careers in biotechnology.
- University of Colorado, Boulder – The university is the home to the rapidly growing department of neuroscience and psychology, that offers the undergraduates research opportunities on the cutting edge of the areas that includes the behavioural genetics, social and cognitive psychology, behavioural neuroscience and clinical psychology. The psychology department offers the two majors subjects neuroscience and general psychology and also encourage the students in multidisciplinary study.
The above psychology universities are selected to be top universities for pursuing the psychology program, while the above list is created to highlight that the best undergraduate psychology programs usually stem from thee psychology departments and curses that also offer the graduate level of the study in better or equal quality. If you are going to pursue the psychology undergraduate degree program, then you can choose one from the above universities where you will be getting the best quality of the higher psychology program. You need to analyze all the colleges for your better future and choose the one based on your convenience.
There are lots of different mental health professional options are available for you to choose and start your carrier. Through choosing it you can directly enter into the field of the mental health. Before entering in to this field, you need to complete the undergraduate degree in the particular discipline to gain knowledge and to know more about it.
Here are few of the best profession that you can choose to rock after completing your undergraduate along with your extra degrees and they are as follows
To enter into this field there is a need for you to have a master degree in the psychiatry and in additional to that there is a need for you to have four years of the residency training to obtain the appropriate state issued licenses.
For this there is a need for you to complete the undergraduate degree based on the psychiatry or related to that field. You should attend plenty of classes that focus on the biology, natural science and the chemistry.
When you like to become the social worker there is a need for you to do the undergraduate in social work. You need some kinds of patients and do a lot of research works based on dealing with the different set of people who have the mental problems. You can get involved with non-profits and foundations to provide services to under-served communities.
Mental health counselor
When you want to become a mental health professional who is expect in providing the mental health counseling services then there is a need for you to do the undergraduate and the master degree in the same discipline that too after completing your masters program and completing a minimum amount of the supervised work hours.
The undergraduate degree that you should focus should be based on the human behavior, advanced psychology, counseling psychology, advanced research methods and the professional ethics. To become a expert there it is required for you to have a lot of training that would provide you the variety of the issues and when you have a great passion for helping others then you would have a great interpersonal skills where you can find out a way for getting your mind to set up in the exact career path that you want to determine.
Predicting your career is made easy with the best undergraduate course that you choose
Everyone would dream to choose their own dream goal but for that there is a need for you to know to choose the correct proper undergraduate degree that would make you to shine in the field of the mental health problem.
- If you had chosen the correct course then you would be the master in your field.
- There is a need for you to take some regular practice.
- You can get experience when you deal with the different types of the problems.
Through doing as like this you can become an expert and start rocking in the profession that you have chosen and lead your carrier as a mental health professional.